A poll conducted by The Online Citizen found saw 60 percent saying that having more Non-constituency Members of Parliament would hurt opposition parties. Some readers’ comments appended to articles at that site urged opposition parties to reject the scheme. I disagree. Full essay.
Yawning Bread, which began in November 1996, has been running for 20 years.
- Spreading a bit of money to “position Singapore for the future”
- Let’s see who’s T rex now
- Did we get more economic growth by giving up our freedoms?
- The loneliness of loving Berg
- Auxiliary thoughts about auxiliary police
- Rebuilding from the rubble of 2016 voter-quakes
- Zika erupts in Singapore: how we made it worse than it might otherwise have been
- The gay issue in Malaysia and Indonesia as a window into the civilisational crisis of the Islamic world
- Big bank, big government, but the similarity ends there
- Hushed tracks