Minister for Information, Communication and the Arts, Lui Tuck Yew, said 75 percent of Singaporeans consider mainstream media their “preferred source” of news, while obliquely blasting non-mainstream media for their slant over the little old lady scene in a video. Full essay.
Yawning Bread, which began in November 1996, has been running for 20 years.
- Fake alarms from fake news
- There was once a buffalo here
- Spreading a bit of money to “position Singapore for the future”
- Let’s see who’s T rex now
- Did we get more economic growth by giving up our freedoms?
- The loneliness of loving Berg
- Auxiliary thoughts about auxiliary police
- Rebuilding from the rubble of 2016 voter-quakes
- Zika erupts in Singapore: how we made it worse than it might otherwise have been
- The gay issue in Malaysia and Indonesia as a window into the civilisational crisis of the Islamic world