All six men accused of sexual contact with a 15-year-old boy who sold sexual services over the internet have finally been dealt with. A recap of the cases, a discussion of the law, sentences and the phenomenon of ephebophilia. These cases are beginning to set a precedent for age of consent in Singapore. Part 1 and Part 2.
Yawning Bread, which began in November 1996, has been running for 20 years.
- Fake alarms from fake news
- There was once a buffalo here
- Spreading a bit of money to “position Singapore for the future”
- Let’s see who’s T rex now
- Did we get more economic growth by giving up our freedoms?
- The loneliness of loving Berg
- Auxiliary thoughts about auxiliary police
- Rebuilding from the rubble of 2016 voter-quakes
- Zika erupts in Singapore: how we made it worse than it might otherwise have been
- The gay issue in Malaysia and Indonesia as a window into the civilisational crisis of the Islamic world