Every so often, I come across articles in our mainstream media that strike me as way too positive. Recent ones include a story about Singapore’s involvement in Rwanda, and the progress of the Marina Sands casino project. The latter sounded so unreal, I rushed down to Marina Bay to take a photo. Full essay.
Yawning Bread, which began in November 1996, has been running for 20 years.
- Let’s see who’s T rex now
- Did we get more economic growth by giving up our freedoms?
- The loneliness of loving Berg
- Auxiliary thoughts about auxiliary police
- Rebuilding from the rubble of 2016 voter-quakes
- Zika erupts in Singapore: how we made it worse than it might otherwise have been
- The gay issue in Malaysia and Indonesia as a window into the civilisational crisis of the Islamic world
- Big bank, big government, but the similarity ends there
- Hushed tracks
- When the powerful plead fragility, we’re done for